Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Introduction

Hello everyone. I seem to have a tendency to lurk before I leap, as it were. I'm Claudia Manley and I currently live in the Hammer (Hamilton, ON - how can you not love a city you can call the Hammer?). I'm a writer and teach at both Western and OCAD. A current project of mine, which in my mind resonates with In the Folds, is to construct 1,000 origami cranes while simultaneously writing stories that may or may not have anything to do with them. The short explanation of my project is that I'm investigating how an external construct ( or constraint) affects my writing process. I'm a bit behind in the crane making department, but hope that productivity kicks in once the semester is done. Sound familiar?
I have graduate degrees in both Fiction and Philosophy, which is another reason I jumped at this opportunity.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person.
Cheers,
Claudia

No comments: